Mid-Day Meal Menu
Please contact us for a full list of ingredients and allergy information.
Burnwood Community School is at the forefront of promoting a healthy lifestyle. We believe that nutritious, health meals designed by the students and the staff, with help from our external expert, enhance the curriculum and help the children learn.
Our menu offers a choice of fresh, health cooked food which meets the Government food based standards and has been nutritionally analysed to create balance, health meals.
Our school meet the Silver Food for Life standards and are prepared using the finest , fresh and local ingredients.
· Red tractor, Farm Assured British Meat from local butches
· All fish products carry the MSC logo
· No undesirable additives and hydrogenated fats
· A variety of local sources fruit, vegetables and Fair Trade bananas serves fresh daily.
· Creative Meat Free days are used regularly to promote sustainable living
· Whole grains and fruits used in all baked desserts
· All sources enriched with vegetables to help increase the daily vegetable intake
· Limits on added salt and sugar used in cooking and baking.
Food Allergies and Intolerances
If your child has been advised by their GP or Health Care Professional to follow a special diet. Please contact us.
All allergen information relating to this menu is available on request.
While we promote healthy lunchboxes, we cannot guarantee that pupils who bring food from home will be free from allergens.
We are unable to guarantee that our food does not contain traces of nuts.
Free School Meals
If you child does not currently have a delicious healthy school meal what a great time to start! If you receive certain benefits your child may be eligible for free school meals.
Applying is simple so please see the school office who can help. And
remember, All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receive free school meals automatically