Forest School is a unique inspirational experience that stimulates the imagination and brings subjects to life in a real context so that children’s senses are stimulated and firm foundations are embedded for further learning experiences. This offers children the opportunity to succeed and develop confidence, raise self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland environment. This approach develops a range of skills and knowledge, engages the child in motivational achievable tasks and activities throughout the year in nearly all weather conditions. Which is delivered by a qualified practitioner. The concepts of Forest School are based on theories of learning, teaching and child development. The sessions that children will participate in, are designed to complement learning within the Curriculum. Children will work with tools, play, learn boundaries of behaviour; both physical and social whilst developing an understanding of the natural environment.
The outdoors provides an inclusive and stimulating environment.
The six principles are:
- Principle 1: Forest School is a long-term process of frequent and regular sessions in a woodland or natural environment, rather than a one-off visit. Planning, adaptation, observations and reviewing are integral elements of Forest School.
- Principle 2: Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural wooded environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Principle 3: Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners
- Principle 4: Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Principle 5. Forest School is run by qualified level 3 Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
- Principle 6. Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning.
Contact Us for more information
If you would like more information on our Forest School programme and the other services that we offer, please complete the details below and we will contact you.